Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Spring Lotus Blooms

Today I finally received my Stampin' Up Starter Kit and couldn't wait to get started creating! I've very stuck on spring colors so I was even more excited to see the bright colors down in that wonderful box of happiness.

The stamp set I used is called Lotus Blossom and is available FREE with a $50 purchase. Yes I said FREE! It is one of the stamp sets available during Sale-a-bration. The Lotus Blossom stamp set comes with stamps that can be layered for a beautiful detailed image.




Since I just received my starter kit and still waiting on the second box (well first order as a demonstrator) to come in, I was limited on color choices, so what I did was used only Strawberry Slush.



I unfortunately didn't take step by step pictures but what I did was stamp the most detailed stamp with Strawberry Slush. Then when I went to stamp the second image on top, I stamped off onto my grid paper lightly and then stamped onto my card stock. For the last stamp, which is the flower base, I stamped off onto my grid paper twice so there was very little color left on the stamp. I huffed on the stamp just to make sure the last of the ink on the stamp image was still moist and then stamped it on to my card stock over the other images. Doing it this way gave it the illusion that I used different shades of stamp ink.

Challenges entered:
Color Throwdown #331
Creative Knockouts - #78 Lots of Layers

Below you can find a list of all the Stampin' Up products I used to create this card. Just click on each image for more details or for easy online ordering!

No comments:

Post a Comment