As you can see below I watercolored her using aqua painters and Stampin' Up ink pads. Then I went back over the petals with a light colored pearlescent watercolor. When I am watercoloring digital stamps, I print (I use inkjet) on watercolor paper (I use cold press) and then I give it a good blast with my embossing heat gun to make sure the ink is set before coloring. I also tend to print two images on the same sheet so that I can test the image with ink colors and wetness to make sure the ink is set. That way if I smudge up or don't like the color on one I still have the other to color.
The dahlia flowers were clear embossed and then given a light watercolor wash before being fussy cut. The flowers are from the May 2014 KoM from Unity Stamp Co. I also used my dry embossing pens tools to round out the flowers so they wouldn't be so flat looking.
Before adhering the little sprite to the card I wanted to give it some dimension. So using my smallest dry embossing tool I went over the outline of most of the petals on the front of image. Then I flipped it over and using a larger embossing tool I went between the lines of the petals I made on the front to curve out each petal.
My Stampin' Up products used in this project.
Click the images below for more details and for easy online ordering!