Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A little steampunk

I've never tried anything that was Steampunk-ish, even though I really like it. I found this image called It's Tea Time at Paper Shelter and figured it was time to try my hand at it.


I colored the printed image with color pencils and then used my Silhouette to cut it out.

I created the background with stamps from Tim Holtz The Journey and Life's Possibilities sets. Can you believe I found both of those sets at Michael's this week for only $5!!!! I was so excited! The large clock image I embossed all three times. I mixed different embossing powders to get different finishes for each one. The picture below shows the colors a bit better than the first image. The smaller stamp is just simply stamped with Black Soot distress ink.


Challenges entered:
Loves rubberstamping - #144 create your own background
Simon Says Stamp Monday - 1 stamp multiple ways (one stamped embossed in different colors on the background)
Inspiration Destination #26
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment