Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Framed Boat

From icy cold to humid and wet equals sick Heather. But I'm back to get my creativity on. All this wet weather is making me want to create nautical cards so here is today's card.

I was so ecstatic to come across this Faux Wood Frame tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. SplitcoastStampers has tons of great tutorials and I'll probably be trying out some of them here next week or this weekend depending on how busy my weekend is. I used watercolor paper for the boat image and very lightly colored it after sponging with Archival coffee and watering can inks to give it an aged look.

The background was a map stamp I picked up at Hobby Lobby a few months back. Again I sponged it with some blues and greens. Then I used a dry paint brush and lightly brushed on Hello Honey ink on the little compass symbol or whatever it is in the top right.

After putting together this card I felt it needed something and I didn't want to give it a sentiment banner so I die cut an anchor using Spellbinders In'spire - Anchors away. I used grey shimmer paper and lightly sponged various colors to give it a more oxidized and antiqued look.

I hope you enjoy it!

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Monday - B is for 
Inspiration Destination #24

My Stampin' Up products used in this project.
Click the images below for more details and for easy online ordering.


Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment