Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I loooove shaker cards

It's true, I love shaker cards. I think they can be a pain to make sometimes though, lol. Especially when you manage to get glue everywhere or cant get the front and inside to line up. If you are going to make shaker cards, you definitely need patience. Hehe. Regardless of the mess and sometimes annoyance, I still love making these interactive styled cards.

One of the challenges I love to follow Less is More has challenged their followers to CASE a DT card. This is the DT card I chose from Sarah:


And this is my take on it:


And an up close shot of the shaker part:


I used my Silhouette to cut out the hearts. The bird image is from a random Stampabilities set from my stash and I believe the sentiment is also from Stampabilities. I used silver glitter embossing powder to emboss the birds and added some silvery/clear seed beeds to the shaker area.

Psst you cant tell in the pictures but I got glue on the top part of the front of the card. I managed to use a eraser and masking tape to get it all off. It's only noticeable if you have it in your hands so I believe this card will go in my stash rather than in my Etsy shop.

Challenges entered:
Less is more #216 Case a DT
Tues. Throwdown #237 Shake it Up

No comments:

Post a Comment