Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Spring flowers!

It's cold.. soo very cold. Here is something to warm you up!


I was inspired by THIS IMAGE I found on pinterest created by Karen B. Barber.

I've used the masking technique but this is my first attempt at such a large masking project. Well the card isn't huge but there was a lot of masking going on. The stamp set used if Bloom with Hope (hostess set) from stamping up. The sentiment was heat embossed and comes from the Sale-a-bration set, Simply Wonderful. (Remember all Sale-a-bration items are FREE with a $50 purchase from now until March 31st.)


I watercolored the stamped images with aqua painters using Stampin' Up inks. I just love how wonderfully vibrant the color comes out even when watercoloring. I almost don't want to use my watercolor palettes.

Also it's hard to see in both pictures but I used a technique called One Layer Paper Tole (click link for tutorial by Dina Kowal) for the first time. It gives your images this very subtle 3D affect that makes the flowers look like they are just trying to escape the paper. It is really the way I think of it when I see it.

Challenges Entered:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Special Lady/Girly
Inspiration Destination #23 Always Anything goes

My Stampin' Up products used in this project.
Click the images below for more details and for easy online ordering!


Built for Free Using:  My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment