Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Thinking of you

I live in southern Louisiana (further south than New Orleans) and it's been cold. We had a few cold sunny days but the next few days are going to be wet and dreary. I'm freezing with temps in the 40s-50s during the day, and I know many of the northers are seeing subzero temps. Let's hope for some warm weather soon!

Well with all the cold and dreariness I thought I'd make a few bright and colorful cards today. I'll be posting them throughout the day so hopefully it'll bring some warmth and sunshine to your area!

I rarely do single layer cards. I even have trouble making CAS (with a lot of white space) cards. I loooove layers on my cards but I went for the single layer today to enter into "Less is More" challenge.

I used this beautiful dragonfly stamp I had received in a KoTM (Sept kit). I really need to resign up for the Kit of the month, it is definitely worth it and you get a great deal on a full set of stamps each month. I colored in the majority of the image with color pencils and then went back with some pearlescent watercolors to paint over the wings and around the image. The sentiment was heat embossed and it was in my container of random sentiments, so I sadly cant even tell you where I bought it or from which company.


I tried to get a better picture so you can see the slight shimmer, but I couldn't get some good light and the shimmer rarely shows up in the pictures I take. (I'm using my Samsung phone until I break down and buy a new camera.)


Challenges Entered:
Less is more - #211 Single layer, theme - Love
Unity Friends with Flair - Feb 20

No comments:

Post a Comment