Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Zombie Birthday Invasion

Have I ever told you that I absolutely LOVE zombies and gory things? Well.... I do! I'm the type of girl that will choose a horror movie over a chic-flick any day. That is why when the little brother suggested I start making a few twisted cards, I couldn't help myself but get started.

Here is today's Twisted Thursday cards:


This digital stamp is called Zombie Chorus Boy by Rick St. Dennis. When I found Rick St. Dennis' images I was ecstatic, because he has some of the most wonderful creepy, gory, dark images. These type of images I find are really hard to find in crafting supplies. Don't worry if you aren't into the dark and creepy, Rick St. Dennis also does cute images. Hell, all his images are amazing and well worth a look if you ask me.

This is the first card I colored and put together, but I think I got over excited and put too much splatter stamping on it... just a little too much.


I went ahead and colored a second image and this time just dropped a few red sequins onto it and glued them down where ever they dropped.


Both images are my colorings for The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.


 This is my day 3 since technically I colored them yesterday, hehe. I colored them using Crayola color pencils. I found a colorless alcohol pen that is specifically made to blend wax based color pencils at Hobby Lobby, so I went ahead and tried it out today. Eh, it works okay I think. It does blend out the grainy look of the coloring some but you have to be careful to not press to hard or the actual color comes off the paper.


Well I hope you enjoyed Twisted Thursday and I'd love to see any "twisted" cards you make also!

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Inspiration Destination #36 anything goes
Sister Act #108 anything goes
Less is More #226 - 2-4 legs 
Pile It On #71 - Coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment