Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Paper purse with note cards

Today is Technique Tuesday and I want to share this lovely paper purse. I've been seeing it everywhere in various Stampin' Up groups and other paper craft groups and I couldn't help but try it. I have to say... I'm hooked on this. It makes a beautiful gift for a hostess, friend, secretary, teacher, etc. There are so many possibilities to use this for. And you don't even have to include note cards like I did, you can use it simply as a gift bag!

I used the tutorial from StampingPro which you can find HERE. And here is my creation:


Yes the cards are kind of haphazardly put in there. I made 6 matching cards for various occasions (2 thank you, 2 happy birthday and 2 for a friend). The cards are 3.5"x5" and fit inside the purse perfectly as do the envelopes. This purse is actually big enough you could fit even more note cards inside without a problem.



Sadly the Stamp sets I used are either from this years Sale-a-Bration or retired now. But I can't help it, I love these stamp sets.

The patterned paper is from my ginormous stash of patterned papers. I have this bad habit of buying the value mixed packs from Hobby Lobby's clearance section and the paper pads when they are on sale. If you are like me and tend to horde all these patterned papers this is an amazing way to use them up. I think I'll be making a lot more of these little purses with matching note cards.

Tomorrow I think I'll be trying out some one sheet wonder ideas. But for now go and create cute little purses!

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Inspiration Destination #35 - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes
Sister Act #108 - Anything goes
Loves Rubberstamping # 154 - Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment