Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Penguin Christmas Set

The hubby took vacation most of last week so I didn't get any crafting done. We didn't do a whole lot but run around town mostly for funsies and eat out a lot more than usual. I did have hibachi for the first time at a new restaurant in the next town and it was soooooo gooooood. Now every time the hubby asks what I'm cooking I always answer with let's go eat hibachi! Let's just say I end up cooking. Lol! I love that man.

Anyways on to my cute card set! I wanted to make a note card sized set but decided 3.5" squared is better than 3". The smaller size just seemed too small.


I started with a white card base, then a dark blue mat the size of the base. I had this cute light blue snowflake DPS I had bought last year from Hobby Lobby so I used as a mat (3 3/8") and also as the liner for my envelopes. The image is from Sweet n Sassy Stamps' Christmas Penguins set. I also have the die cut set for these stamps and used them to cut out the penguin and his cute little present after coloring them with Spectrum Noir markers. I also hand cut the little snow mound out of white card stock and then using the sentiments from Sweet n Sassy Stamps' Beary Christmas, I heat embossed the sentiment in black on vellum.


I made one extra card front for the box and created a flip top box using THIS tutorial (adjusting the measurements to fit the card size I used). I found the tutorial on Pinterest. Love love love Pinterest.


The measurements I used for my card box since my cards are 3.5x3.5" are:
Card stock 6 1/4" x 11"
score on short side @ 1" & 5 1/4"
score on long side @ 1", 5", 6" & 10"
Then follow cutting and taping instructions from the tutorial linked above. All 8 cards and handmade, lined envelopes fit comfortably inside. There may even be room to add one or two more but I I haven't tried it.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Loves Rubberstamping #159 Anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment