Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

More word dies

I'm so excited by how today's card came out. I used another one of my new word dies and some inspiration from The Daily Marker. This post from Kathy last month was the inspiration for my card today. In fact now that I look at her card, I used the same "Thanks" die from Lawn Fawn hehe. I originally bought mine from Amazon but now that I look at Simon Says Stamp... I wish I had ordered it from there. Oh well I'll remember for next time.

Well now for my card:


I used a mix of stamps for this card. The flowers are from Bloom with Hope (retired Stampin Up) and the dragonfly is from Unity Stamp Co September KoTM. I colored everything with Spectrum Noir markers. Yes there was a LOT of masking for this project. But I think it was well worth it.


After I got it all stamped and colored I die cut the Thanks from the image and I also die cut the word out of fun foam. (Note to self I really need a magnetic platform for my big shot. :p) I made sure to use a good bit of tape adhesive on the card base which is just a textured soft pink from my stash. I set the fun foam cut out in the opening first and then carefully replaced the little tid bits from the h, k, and s. Then with a little Tombow multiglue on the fun foam and some patience I set the cut out on top and holy cow it just fades away into the background!


The only person who was home to excitedly show it off to was my little brother and he didn't see the Thanks at first. His exact words were "That is really awesome." I think I'll definitely have to try out this technique more. Thank you Kathy for the inspiration!

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Tues. Throwdown #252 no patterned paper (technically I created my own background so that should count as no patterned paper right?)

Inspiration Destination #41 - Anything goes

I think I'll submit this one to Unity Be inspired challenge also!

No comments:

Post a Comment