Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mojo Monday & Die cuts

I love Mr. Brown (aka UPS). He always brings me lots of goodies! This week I ordered a few word die cuts from Amazon to try out a few techniques that Kathy from The Daily Marker shared last month in her 30 day color challenge. Today I didn't try out one of the techniques but I plan on it tomorrow!

Today I used the sketch from Mojo Monday #405 as inspiration and of course I used one of my new die cuts.


The upper background is a brick wall embossing folder I recently bought from Hobby Lobby. After sending it through my Big Shot I sponged Ranger distress inks on it. I used Rusty Hinge, Bard door, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap and Black Soot. The dps is from my never ending stash. Yes I'm addicted to buying dps from Hobby Lobby and Michael's when it's on sale.

The Thanks die cut I used is made by Die-versions and is called "Thanks" Sweet Wordlets. I die cut it out of the blue textured card stock and then die cut another from a soft yellow and placed them both on fun foam. I made sure to put lots of tape adhesive on the fun foam so the yellow die cut would stick and not come up later on. Then I filled in the holes in the a, k and s with the little tidbits from when I cut it out of the blue card stock. I looove how it came out, especially the sunken look because the textured card stock is slightly thicker.


The stamped image is from a Stampin Up stamp set called A Happy Thing. It was a Sale-a-bration item this year and is no longer available. :( Sorry. I stamped it in Momento ink and colored it using my Spectrum Noir markers.

I have to say I love this card. To keep with the sketch for Mojo Monday I added an off white button and made a little bow with some white/yellow twine.

Here is the sketch from Mojo Monday:


Hope this card or sketch inspires you as it did me. :)

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Mojo Monday #405
Inspiration Destination #41 anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment