Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches.. & Sprites!

Can you believe I almost forgot to enter Aurora Wings monthly blog challenge this month? And the theme is sprites! I've purchased about 8 or so sprites already and had six of them printed and ready to be colored and just completely forgot about them. I think they just got buried in the craziness of my desk... yea I'll stick to that story.

Well without further adieu here is my card!


I used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches challenge as inspiration for this card. I really love the simplicity of this card. It's a stark contrast to the card I made yesterday, lol. I used some dps from my stash of scraps and some pink card stock as a mat. The "thinking of you" sentiment is from my random stash of sentiments (you know before I started keeping track of what company they are from), but I can tell you I got them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I drew in the squiggle line to keep with the sketch.


This sprite is called Whimsical Cherry Blossom Sprite from Aurora Wings Stamps. I really love Aurora Wings digi stamps, especially her adorable sprites! I colored this sprite with Spectrum Noir markers. (I seem to be on a marker kick lately. I do love those markers.) And then used my Silhouette to cut it out because I really do suck at fussy cutting. I trimmed up a piece of fun foam to put behind the sprite to give the card a little more dimension since the design is very simple and clean.

As I'm looking at the close up of the sprite I'm realizing I did a horrible job of blending this time lol. I still like the way it came out though.

I hope you enjoyed this little sprite!

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Aurora Wings Challenge Blog #16 Sprites
Freshly Made Sketches #194
Sister Act #114 anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment