Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Technique Tuesday - Pop up cards

Today I'm going to share a card I made for Mother's Day last week. It is a free standing pop up card and really easy to make!

You can find an amazing tutorial HERE. It is the one I used to make this card. I did make the tag portion wider than it is in the tutorial to fit my images.


The main little hugging bird image is a From the Heart Stamp called Apple Blossom Birds. The leafy background stamps are from Stampin' Up hostess set called Bloom with Hope. (Bloom with Hope is retiring as of June 2 so order while supplies last!)


The pattern on the base I hand stamped using Unity Stamp Co. Bitty Backgrounds and Stampin Up Stamp-a-ma-jig to line the stamp up.


This is what the card looks like closed and ready to be put in an envelope and shipped. I do not have a picture of it but I put a piece of white card stock on the back of the tag to write a little message to my Mom before putting the card together.

Hope you enjoy this one. I think I'll make a ton of Christmas and birthday cards like this soon. This is an easy and quick technique once you get the hang of it.

Challenges:
Loves Rubberstamping #151 Add sentiment

No comments:

Post a Comment