Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Twisted Thursday - Zombie Love

Today is Twisted Thursday and as promised I will explain more about my Thursday theme.

One day my brother came to me and made the comment that I am always making really cute and girly cards, but I'm one of those that isn't a cutesy person. I'm a rocker chic. I love the color black, red and pink oh and can't forget a dark purple. I almost all my clothes has some skull or dark imagery on it. So he suggested I make what he wanted to call F*** you cards. Normally you send cards to people you love and care for so why not make cards for people you don't like.

I love my brother and I of course will not make those type of cards, even though the thought amuses me. Instead, I thought I'd make what I call Twisted cards. These cards will have zombies and monsters and other dark gothy type images and themes.

So now for my first Twisted Thursday card.


The image I used is called Newly Dead by Rick St. Dennis. I absolutely LOVE Rick's digital images! They range from dark and gothic to cute and adorable. There is something for everyone in his line of digital stamps.

I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers and tried to give them a dirty, old coloring and of course with a hint of rotting green. The die cut was cut using my Silhouette, and I sponged over the dark red card stock with Black Soot distress ink and then again with Colorbox bronze metallic to give it a slight shimmer. I should really invest in pearl spritz. I was going to use Glossy effects but I have no patience on waiting for it to dry especially on a large die cut like this one.


I understand this type of card isn't for everyone, but I had a ton of fun making this card. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment