Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Time to get organized and motivated!

One of the reason I don't have a post ever day or a new card to share is because sometimes I'm not motivated to create. Or sometimes I'm just running around all day trying to cram everything in at once.


Well no more. I bought a planner from Plum Paper Designs at the beginning of the year to get myself organized and I had yet to do just that. So starting Monday I have my week all planned out so that I can share new cards with you everyday (Mon-Fri), perhaps some new techniques, and share some of my favorite stamp companies with you. Also I will hopefully be able to do all this and get my regular house work done also. That is if I have planned it all out to where I'm not over whelmed.

To keep myself motivated and excited to create, I've decided to go with my Manly Monday idea and assign a theme for everyday. This way when I go to create for that day, I'm not just perusing my favorite challenges for ideas, I already have a general idea of what theme of card I want to create for that day.

This is my current themes (subject to change as I or you give me new theme ideas):

Manly Monday -- These cards/projects will be themed for men in our lives. Creating a feminine card is always easy for us, it's creating something more masculine that I find to be a challenge sometimes.

Technique Tuesday -- I strive to make myself try out new techniques whether it is a new card fold, coloring medium, or a new texture technique. On Tuesdays I'm going to make it a point to either try a new technique or share some of my favorite techniques with you.

Wonderful Wednesday -- For those that work Wednesday is that dreaded day that reminds you that you are only halfway through the work week and still have a few more days to go. So to brighten your day I will be trying to create cards that are bright, colorful, and uplifting. This can range from just a bright feminine card, get well cards, or even inspirational projects.

Twisted Thursday -- My brother came to me one day and told me that he found it odd that I create so many "cutesy" cards. He found this baffling because I'm more of a rocker/grungy type of person. So he came up with the idea of doing cards that were a little darker or twisted. I'll explain more and give you a visual explanation on my first Twisted Thursday next week.

Showcase Friday - I always list where I purchased my stamps or other products used on each card in my posts along with links to the site and even the listing for the particular stamp. On Fridays I'll make that project all about one of my favorite brands or companies. I will like to say that none of these companies have paid me, asked me, or given me incentive to do this. I just want to share my favorites with you and maybe you'll be excited by their images/products as much as I was.

So let me know what you think of these themes and if there are any themes you think should be added, or any requests for certain days.

Thank you for following. I love reading all of your comments on my projects, it keeps me motivated to continue to create and share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment