Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Technique Tuesday - Faux Patina

Starting today I'm going to do my best to bring you new techniques every Tuesday. I'm always on the look out for new techniques when it comes to paper crafting. This week I'm show casing Faux Patina technique. I absolutely love this technique because it gives your paper project, in this case a card, the look of an antique frame!

This is the project I created this week.


 I used the digital stamp The Bride from The Paper Shelter. I colored the image using my Spectrum Noir markers.


You can see the tutorial on the Faux Patina technique that I originally learned it from HERE.

Now I didn't have the colors she used in her tutorial but instead I used Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive. I also used Ranger Distressed ink, Frayed Burlap.


To start with I rubbed Baked Brown Sugar onto my embossing folder and then ran it through my Big Shot.


Then I sponged Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive over the surface being a little sporadic with where I sponged. I continued to go over it until I felt I had the coloring I wanted.



Then I sponged Frayed Burlap over the cardstock to darken it and give it a more antiqued look.


Now this is where I lack in patience. You can either wait for it to dry or do as I did and give it a good blast with your heat gun. I then rubbed my Embossing Buddy over the entire surface to attempt to make sure it was dry. With my Versamark stamp pad, I rubbed it light over the surface in random areas and then embossed it with Gold Metallic embossing powder to give it a little more of a metal look.


The pictures aren't the best due to my LED lamp I use on my crafting station, but I hope you enjoyed today's technique and would love to see your creations if you choose to try this technique. Simply leave a comment with a link to your creation.

Challenges I'd wish to enter:
ABC Challenge - I is for Inspire us
Sister Act #104
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything goes
Pile It On #67 - For a Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment