Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Late Manly Monday.. #2

Here is my second Manly card. I used Tim Holtz stamps from "The Journey" set.


Image tag I cut out using my Silhouette on cream colored card stock and then sponged on Vintage Photo and Tea Dye distress inks. Then I stamped the car image in Black Soot distress ink.


I went back after with Frayed Burlap and Vintage photo inks and used a spotted stamp from Stampin' Up "Gorgeous Grunge" to add the spotted affect over the image. (I didnt take a picture :( )

Then I used the same cutting file to cut out a frame on a grainy looking grey cardstock I found in my stash. I also have some Colorbox metallic gold and bronze stamp inks that I sponged over the cardstock to try and give it a more bronze like finish. In person you can see it really well but it's iffy looking in the pictures.


I black embossed the Happy Father's day sentiment (random stamp from stash) and the corners (from the same Tim Holtz stamp set). I will say embossing after using that metallic ink is a pain. No matter how much you rub with embossing buddy or blast with the heat gun the embossing powder sticks EVERYWHERE on it and I to blow off the parts around the words and corners.

Then I just put it all together over a black card base and Viola!

I hope you enjoy it!

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp Monday - In the Middle
Inspiration Destination #29 - anything goes

No comments:

Post a Comment