Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thank You Card

Well I didnt realize how many blogs did card challenges until I really started looking. I had so much fun doing the first one that I couldnt help but make another card for a few other challenges. I have a feeling I'm going to become a card challenge addict.

The challenge(s) for this card was to make an orange, yellow and brown thank you card with at least one stamp and using this sketch:


Here is the what I came up with:



I used some light orange cardstock as the base. I had some yellow patterned paper, that amazingly had specs of orange in it, sitting in my scrap box. I found some brown ribbon in my embellishment drawer and used some new punches I bought at HobbyLobby this weekend to make the flower. (I'm sorry I already chunked the packaging, so I dont remember what brand it was.) I quilled a few orange flowers and stamped the simple "Thanks" sentiment and the butterfly. Believe it or not they were stamps I bought on impulse from Walmart for only 97cents!

These are the challenges that I submitted this card to:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp: The previously mentioned sketch was the focus of this challenge.
Pile it On!: Orange, Yellow, Brown challenge
Card Makin Mamas: Thanksgiving/Thank you challenge


2 comments:

  1. Hi heather, firstly welcome to the world of challenges.
    They are perfect way to boost your creativity and give you inspiration on days when your mojo have have deserted you ( happens to us all)

    The way you have used the sketch this week is beautiful and the quilled flowers are gorgeous- I don't see much quilling around at the moment so this makes your card really stand out.

    Thank you for joining us at Sunday sketch and stamp, and good luck.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Orange, Yellow and Brown Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

    PIO DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete