Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Cherry Blossoms and Chinese Lanterns

The following card was inspired by this sketch for the Tuesday Morning Sketches.

This is my card:

For the image I hand embroidered a chinese lantern pattern I bought recently from Stitching Cards. The instructions are easy to follow and with some patience they always come out beautifully.

Then I quilled a cherry blossom branch and flowers in soft pinks to match the flowers in the chinese lantern.
 

It tooks me about 4 hours to make this card but I believe it was well worth it. Hope you enjoy!

Challenges entered:
Tuesday Morning Sketches - #174
Pile it on - Anything but a Christmas card

4 comments:

  1. This is just so creative - really loved the look of it with the intricate stitching. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Heather this is a work of art..so beautiful! Thank you for using the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! The stitching and the quilling is perfect. What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh, this is AMAZING! I've never heard of hand stitching on a card like that. It's beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete