Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Faux Patina

One of the things I love most about card making is the tons of techniques. There are so many different techniques from card folding to faux finishes. Today I tried a finished called Faux Patina that I saw on Pinterest one day. The tutorial I used was from HERE and I think my first try didn't come out too bad. I didn't have any gold embossing powder (but it's added to my must haves), so instead I used some gold metallic ink I had from Color Box. I think I went over board on the sponging so there isn't enough coloring contrast but you learn from your mistakes.

Here is the card I made with my faux patina attempt:


The stamp I used is CountrySide Blooms from Unity Stamp Company. I stamped it in my new Archival: Watering Can ink and then colored it in with Pelikan watercolor paint. I watered down the paint to give it that very soft, almost antiqued image look. I then used Archival: Coffee stamp ink to give it that tea stained look around the stamped image. I also used the same Coffee ink to give the patterned paper and parchment card stock base that aged look.

This card is available on my Etsy store for purchase.