Welcome

Welcome to Hk's Crafts. I'm a housewife with a love for crafting. I make greeting cards as a side income and various other crafts just for fun.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fishy Birthday

It really sucks when you lose your creative mojo. Does anyone else have a really great creative week and then.... nothing for a while? I was like that for the past week. So I've sat in my crafty space and stared at all these colored images I had already colored for The Daily Marker's 30 Day color challenge and today I've finally gotten some mojo to get some cards done!

I've also found a few new challenge blogs that I'm pretty excited to try out. I absolutely love challenge blogs for the simple fact I get a lot of inspiration from the challenges. The feedback that all of you leave also gives me confidence to keep creating!

Well enough rambling, lol, on to the first of my three projects.


I used the sketch from this week's Mojo Monday Challenge to create this card. The stitching was created using a white and black gel pen.


The fish scene I watercolored on regular cardstock using Stampin' up inks and my aqua brush.


I used Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey cardstock from Stampin' Up along with some other colors from Recollections I bought at Michael's this weekend. 

The stamp sets I used are By The Tide from Stampin' Up and the other is Big Day which was from this year's Sale-a-bration event. The fish was first stamped in Archival Watering Can then watercolored with Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey and a touch of Baked Brown Sugar. Then I heat embossed the coral stamp with white embossing powder over it.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge #1 (SIP) <--- check out this new challenge group! They are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment